Sunday, July 29, 2012

Motivation behind learning a foreign language

I believe, that strong motivation is paramount component in learning and retaining gathered information. In my view, this is especially true when starting to learn a foreign language. Many courses and methods available on the market today that I came across while learning to speak Estonian language are orbiting around the same old methods and ways that were ineffective for me for years. The purpose of this blog is to gather the most effective resources (internet gems) and material for learning the Estonian language quickly and effectively. However, please note that I am not a professional language teacher at all. In fact, I am currently learning the Estonian language myself. The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences in learning, share resources available out there and help others to get up to speed. The motivational approach that seems to work for me is described in this excellent language resource by Ilya Frank (text is in Russian, so feel free to run it through a translator)

Read this resource first. It should help you gather understanding of the importance of motivation and will ease the difficulty when jump starting your studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment